3 Cocktails and 3 Mocktails to Try This St. Patrick's Day!
It's officially St. Patrick's Day! If you're thinking about mixing some drinks at home, we've got some suggestions for how to make mixing fun and delicious for you and your kids! As always, to make the day an active adventure for them, we recommend letting them be a Junior Mixologist and giving them a job that makes them feel really involved--maybe they can be your expert lime juicer or designated stirrer. But whatever job you decide to give them, these three cocktails and three mocktails are sure to make you feel lucky on this special day!
Image credit: Katie Jordan/Food styling: Taylor Ann Spencer
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice, plus more for apples
- 1 lime wedge
Sparkling sugar and/or flaky sea salt, for the glass
1 1/2 oz. tequila blanco
- 1 oz. sour apple liqueur schnapps (such as Dekuyper’s Sour Apple Schnapps)
- 1/2 oz. triple sec
*To make this one kid-friendly, we recommend replacing the tequila with sprite, the sour apple liquor schnapps with apple juice, and the triple sec with green grenadine!
Click here for the full recipe on Delish!
Image Credit: Liquor.com/Tim Nusog
Pot of Gold:
- 1 3/4 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1/4 ounce Islay scotch
- 3/4 ounce ginger honey syrup*
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 egg white
- Garnish: edible gold flakes
*To make this one kid-friendly, we recommend using apple juice in place of whiskey and scotch to maintain the color of the drink!
Click here to get the full recipe from Liquor.com!
Image credit: Cookingwithcurls.com/Lisa Johnson
Boozy Shamrock Shake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream softened – or coconut milk ice cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk or full-fat coconut milk in a can
- mint green food coloring add as many as needed
- 4 tablespoons peppermint schnapps
- whipped cream or coconut whipped cream
- decorative sprinkles
- maraschino cherries to garnish
*Making this one kid-friendly is so simple--just take out the schnapps! If you miss the peppermint flavor, try a teaspoon of peppermint extract instead!
Click here to get the full recipe from Cookingwithcurls.com!
The St. Patrick-Tini
Image credit: Anders Ruff
- 2 (6-ounce) packages green Jello
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- grapes, for garnish
Click here for the full recipe from Anders Ruff!
Image credit: Becky Hardin/Thecookierookie.com
Lime Sherbet Punch
- 2 1/4 oz packets lemon-lime Kool-Aid Mix:
- 1 can pineapple juice (chilled)
- 2 2-liter bottles Ginger Ale
- 2 quarts water
- Lime Sherbet
Click here for the full recipe from Thecookierookie.com!
Image credit: Nat / mindfulmocktail.com
Quick Kiwi Mocktail
- 3 kiwi fruit peeled and diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 cups sparkling water or kombucha
- 1 teaspoon sweetener of choice optional
Click here for the full recipe on mindfulmocktail.com!